Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:11 pm 
Hi, which flash gun would people recomend for my panasonic fz100.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:40 am 

Well, it appears that Panasonic don't make flashguns, so there will be no TTL (through the lens metering). You will be using the flash unit with full manual control.

I have a couple of different units. One is the Canon 430ex MK2, and the other is a Yongnuo YN460 MK2. The Canon has a motorised head element and a screen on the back etc, but they do the same job pretty much. Both have wide angle diffusers, are powered off the same batteries, and seem to be as bright as required. The Yongnuo, unlike Canon, even has a white bounce card built in.

The Canon has an RRP of around £200 brand new, but the Yongnuo only costs around £30 from ebay.

The Yongnuo is very simple and easy to operate. On the back you basically have up and down keys and a series of lights to indicate the brightness setting, and this can of course be modified to gain the right amount of output power that you require.

£30 from ebay, if you look carefully.