Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:24 am 
Hey

So, I "acquired" my Dad's old flash, since his camera (an old 35mm Ricoh) no longer works. I thought it would be useful as a secondary off-camera flash (eBay triggers).

Anyway, it is an Achiever Auto Thyristor 260T. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to actually control the flash output. Here are some pics:

Here's the front. As you can see, there is a single switch that has 4 positions: M, orange, yellow, and blue.

Here is the back. In addition to the power switch and test button (not shown), there is a slider, which I assumed controlled the flash output. However, no matter what I set this to, test shots seem to indicate the same flash output.

Anybody have any answers?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm 
One thing to note is what voltage it shoots at. some of hte older flashes use a high voltage which burn out the flash hot shoe. I don't know what the specs on that are but Canopn would tell you what could burn the hotshoe out.
The switch appears to be for changing the distance..Which might be somewhat camera controlled too giving you the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 pm 
Yeah I've only used it with the wireless triggers, it hasn't been on the camera.