Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:03 am 
Hi, I am looking for reliable wireless trigger for a while but I am kinda loss, so input will be appreciated.

Currently I use mainly Nikon CLS system, but it has limitation such as the flash need to be in light of sight and not reliable in bright outdoor setting.

I know that pocketwizards are the best, but they are top of the line and expensive.

Are there any other brand/products that are cheaper than pocket wizards but reliable in outdoor and indoor setting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:50 am 

Well, the Cactus triggers are reportedly very good, and pretty cheap. I've heard user reviews where they yield 30 meters/100feet trigger range when you replace the default batteries.

2 editions, V4/V2. See which ones are best for you. i'd get the V4's.
You can buy them from gadgetinfinity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm 
thanks for the tips. Is it only available through gadget infinity? Do they have any store in US?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:05 am 
I used the Cactus V4 and they were affordable and worked rather well. However, I am much more satisfied with the Yong Nuo RF-602 triggers. They run on the same frequency as Pocket Wizards and Cyber Syncs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:13 am 
thanks for the inputs.

question for idavis: Yong Nuo product is even cheaper than Cactus, is that product reliable tho? how long have you use it?

what is the pro-cons if you don't mind sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:54 am 
I also have the Yong Nuo RF-602 and they are great! I got them from eBay and they cost me £26.

I spent weeks reading reviews and user feedback on various websites such as Flickr etc and the conclusion was that the Yong Nuo RF-602 were cheaper yet worked better and were more reliable than the Cactus V4s.

I'm not a stobist expert but the Yong Nuo RF-602 are great, especially if you are on a small budget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:30 pm 
I managed to find myself the YONGNUO CTR-301P for less than £20, u can buy it on amazon for about $25. Remember to use the Camera Labs affiliates thing if your buying through Amazon. Overall it was a pretty good buy for me, reliable and with good range indoors but I havent tested it outside yet. Hope this helps. Here is the unit: http://www.amazon.com/YONGNUO-Trigger-CTR-301P-Battery-Transmitter/dp/B002W2DPYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273767935&sr=8-1