Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:03 pm 

I'm looking to get a flashgun for my 400D, and i'm kinda torn on which to pick of the following:

Canon Speedlite 430EX II

or

Metz 48 AF-1

I've read some reviews, and both seems like a really nice flashgun, and the price is around the same. Have any of u tried either of them, or knows something that might give the edge to one over another?

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:29 pm 

The metz looks more powerful, but I've heard stories an off-brand flash will give a bit inconsistent results when used on-camera.

If you plan to use the flash off-camera (radio triggers?), definitely get the metz! If not...still consider it. I don't think it will really get THAT inconsistend results. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:07 pm 

For a begining i'm just planning to use it on cam, since i'm still pretty new to the entire flash photography world (besides for the really obvious). But i would like to have the opportinity to use remote triggering later, dunno if thats a possibility with those?

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:13 pm 

It's a possibility for both flashes. You can get the Cactus V4 triggers from gadget infinity for about 30-40 bucks I think, whose work very well if you replace the batteries (think a range of 30 feet at least).

Your flashes will become manual flashes when used remotely though, so don't expect to use them with the auto setting :)