Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:12 pm 
Hi guys, I am new here.

Nikon Australia currently has a promotion,Cashback on D80,D200,D300.

Details: http://www.nikon.com.au/pagearticle.php ... eef37c27c5

I'm ready for the D80 before the deadline.

BTW,any Aussie here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:57 pm 

Hi jiao.kai,

What a wonderful first post! May I wish you an especially warm welcome to the CameraLabs forums. Yes, there are a few Aussies and I'm sure they'll be grateful for the rebate info. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:53 pm 
Mmmm, $200 cash back for D80 and $300 for D200/D300 with certain lenses. Nice.

I don't think I'll be able to afford a D300 within a month though unfortunately.

Thanks for letting us know jiao.kai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:18 pm 

Hi raymo,

May I offer you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forums.

No guarantees, of course, but rebates seem to come around fairly often so there's always next time.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:02 am 
Thanks Bob. You'll probably see me asking a lot of questions soon (and answering the odd one where I can). This is an excellent community.

Bob Andersson wrote:
No guarantees, of course, but rebates seem to come around fairly often so there's always next time.

Ahh, do they. Thanks, that's handy to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:33 pm 

Hi Raymo

Absolutely.. this forum is awesome.. great professional people and the wonderful part is they share their knowledge to others..

Kudos to Cameralabs.com.. great going..

Cheeers
Mano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 pm 
My first post in these fine Camera Labs forums. 8)
(Haven't even yet made myself a forum avatar either.)

Just a note to say that Nikon's cashback offer is about to expire. (ends before the 30th of June, 2008 (Australian time))
( the webpage information )

( the actual detailed PDF form )

Don't forget, that according to the above form from Nikon Australia you have until the "close of business on 31/07/08" to get your (properly dated!) forms & information to them in order to qualify to receive your cashback bonus.

I'm all quite aware of this at the moment because I'm about to purchase my own Nikon stuff in a few days, just in under the buying deadline. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:48 am 
Welcome to the forums, dropbear.

dropbear wrote:
Don't forget, that according to the above form from Nikon Australia you have until the "close of business on 31/07/08" to get your (properly dated!) forms & information to them in order to qualify to receive your cashback bonus.

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't noticed that the first time.

Damn, it's crunch time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:17 am 
Just remember that this Nikon rebate cashback offer ends in about 4-5 days as I write this (though I don't know if the 30th is inclusive), and what you purchase has to have the receipt(s) dated accordingly before the deadline date.

They're giving you plenty of time to mail-in all the required stuff by the end of next month (July 2008) in order to make it all official.

Don't confuse the receipts end-of-post-in deadline with the actual purchase deadline. :wink:

Then there's a waiting period (no surprise there ;)) until Nikon credits your bank account with the cashback amount. According to the PDF document it's "within 60 days of your claims approval".

Hopefully I'm about to go out the door to pick up my stuff today. Failing that it'll be tomorrow. The bricks&mortar store was readying my order when I left them yesterday with the in-stock items so it should all be 'simply' a matter of handing over a considerable sum of money and then dealing with all the paperwork. :wink:

After that I can stop sweating because of the deadline, relax, and actually start enjoying the stuff.

---

BTW, I wanted to participate in this current cashback offer because not only will it enable me to finally get a dSLR system (my first), but it's well worth getting for otherwise we'd probably have to wait until Xmas for Nikon Australia to come out with another promotion.

And that might only be free double-length warranty or something which is fine in itself but doesn't have the financial appeal of hundreds of dollars in this cashback offer.

After saying that however, fate will probably now kill my stuff stone dead a day after my warranty expires. - LOL! :wink:

---

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

I like these forums for their open & congenial manner, not to mention Gordon's review guides in helping me decide on my own terms what to get. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:59 pm 
Just a quick note to mention that the cashback offer promotion has been extended. :)

It now ends on the 31-August-2008.

EDIT: its seems it's only for the D200, and D300 this time, not the D80.

See here for the new expiration page:
http://www.nikon.com.au/pagearticle.php ... b93e969d9e

Here's the page with links to both sections dealing with the new (just extended) offer and the previous one:
http://www.nikon.com.au/pagearticle.php ... d9064b451f

Now....if Nikon Australia would just hurry up and get that $300 back to me I could figure out what I'm going to do with it. 8)