Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:49 pm 

Haven't posted for a while so heres some recent shots. Let me know what you guys think.
Cheers
Scott

Headonism!
Taken at Kelvingrove museum Glasgow. One of the galleries was full of suspended heads with different expressions and I was confident it would make some great shots - I took loads but was very disappointed when I got home and saw the results. However after some cropping, B&W conversion and film grain I was happy with this one.

Gotham City Hall (aka Kelvingrove museum Glasgow)

Big Wheel

Edinburgh Townhouse

By George! (Street)
A view up one of the busiest streets in Edinburgh believe it or not!

Xscape
This is the exterior of an entertainment complex in Glasgow which houses an indoor ski slope, bowling, cinema, mini-golf etc. The grey sky has been replaced with a nicer one I shot elsewhere.

All shots taken with the usual D300/18-200mm - see full exif in Picasa by clicking through the images.

Post subject: all good
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:04 pm 

I like them all. Was an old train engine put on display in Glasgow recently?
I think it was moved from south Africa to some square in Glasgow or Edinburgh?

"Lang Maya Lang Reek"

K8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:33 pm 

Thanks for your kind comments - I put the headonsim picture into my local camera club competition and got a "roasting" from the judge though. He said it looked like a haphazardly taken snapshot and had no merit! He'd seen the display in the museum and had the opinion there were much better shots of the display available it would look better in colour - apparently I'd ruined it by making it mono! I was more than a little upset becaue I reckoned he should have been judging the photo not commenting on how he'd have done it! I had taken dozens of shots and couldn't find any I liked - only getting this one after some cropping and I HATED the colours - the heads were smooth plastic and were I though lifeless until I gave them some grain. Well that's enough sour grapes on my part for being a rubbish photographer........

On the train front I wasn't aware of anything not being a native of Glasgow (I come from the nice side of Scotland - oops that a debate started......wait and see) but I had a search and came across an news article which mentinoed it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6961626.stm

p.s. all you west coasters - it was only a joke but I knew it would perhaps stimulate an interesting thread amongst us Scots! :D

p.p.s. the judge was from Paisley....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:56 pm 

Eh, I wouldn't take that judge too seriously. These are some pretty decent photos IMO. But what do we know :P

Don't let it keep you down, they look fine to me.