Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: feedback pls....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am 

C&C's guys...i need to improve FAST hehe...

Canon 40D 17-85mm IS USM + 55-250mm IS + 50mm 1.8 + 580EX II Speedlite + Canon S5 IS + Lowepro 100AW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:30 pm 
My first reaction was that it is a bit tightly framed/cropped. If it is a crop you might want to show us the full photo.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 pm 
Well, to be brutaly honest, I wouldn't have taken this shot dead on. If you're trying to get symmetry, this shot fails at that because you've got the trees etc on the left. I also feel the the shot is a little too tight on the top edge of the frame. Even though you could say that it is 'the norm', I would have taken the shot from one end of the bridge at an angle of say 9 oclock, with the bridge leading off. But at the end of the day, the shot is well exposed, and just the composition needs a little work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:04 pm 
before i say anything i would love to see it in bigger version!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:42 am 

Cam-I-Am wrote:
My first reaction was that it is a bit tightly framed/cropped. If it is a crop you might want to show us the full photo.

sorry ben i've deleted the raw file after the pp...that's how i do it hehe

Gregory.Rotter wrote:
But at the end of the day, the shot is well exposed, and just the composition needs a little work.

thanks, but i don't get the 9 O'clock angle its just me hehe

alex168 wrote:
before i say anything i would love to see it in bigger version!

here it is :D

thank you for all the comments, i really appreciate it...

Canon 40D 17-85mm IS USM + 55-250mm IS + 50mm 1.8 + 580EX II Speedlite + Canon S5 IS + Lowepro 100AW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 am 
by 9 oclock, I mean that I would have taken the photo from the one end of the bridge, example;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:43 pm 
It appears that it might work better as a portrait-orientated image. Currently there's a great unbalance between the width and the height. Subject matter and colours are great though. I don't think you need to reshoot a different perspective, but you might have benefitted with a different crop/framing.

NB - if you're into minutiae with IQ, then there is a noticeable falloff in sharpness to the left of the frame. It doesn't really matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:01 pm 
From what you wrote I understand it is indeed a crop. Now I can also understand that you may not want to keep (all) your RAW files although DVD-Rs and hard-disk space are pretty cheap these days. But I would never throw away a RAW file without also saving a JPG of the full photo if I decided to make a cropped version.

And if it's a photo that I would find good enough to put some work in and post on a forum I would personally probably keep the RAW file too (if my camera could shoot in RAW of course which it cannot). If an average RAW file would be 15 MB you can save 300 on a single DVD-R. If you only keep the 'keepers' I can't imagine that becoming a logistical problem.

Ben