Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:10 pm 
Hey there, I'm just sharing these two from the lovely Nyhavn (New Harbour) in Copenhagen... Has anyone ever been there? It's a little crowded at times (as you can see on the pictures) but hey, it's a great place worth visiting.

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:03 pm 
Nice shots!! Looks like the Danes are out in force - no doubt helped along with the liberal legislation that allows you to drink alcohol openly on the streets :-) "Skaal!" (That's "cheers" for the few of you who don't know Danish...lol)

Also a great place for night-photography as the bars along there are open almost 24/7..lol.

Is H.C. Andersen's house on any of these shots?

I notice some vignetting in the corners but it looks like you added that for effect?

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:19 pm 
Yep, Vignetting added on purpose :)

H.C. Andersens house is not on here, but it's a bit further to the right on shot 2 (just out of the frame, I'm afraid. But I go by often, so I'll get a snap of that later on :)

"Skål" to you as well :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:26 pm 
I like both pictures a lot. Colorful houses and cheerful people, hmmm... seems like an interesting city to visit.

Maybe I should go to Copenhagen myself to see Andersen's house! I've never seen it on TV or anywhere.

Cheers,
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:33 pm 
LahLahSr wrote:
Nice shots!! Looks like the Danes are out in force - no doubt helped along with the liberal legislation that allows you to drink alcohol openly on the streets

I guess that explains the first shot. :lol:

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:56 pm 
chickenflavoredchips wrote:
Colorful houses

Thanks for your kind comment :)

Leads me to think that I may over processed them too much - added too much sepia toning perhaps - still learning photoshop, you know - here's an unprocessed (with the exception of the frame) version:

Which do you all like best?

Quote:
I guess that explains the first shot.

:P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:17 pm 
This one is also nice but I prefer the original one. Although not as saturated, it's just as much colorful as the new one! You did a very good job processing the two original photos!!

(they were processed right?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:42 pm 
They were processed. Thanks for your feedback! - and you should really visit Copenhagen! It's a lovely town :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 pm 
nice pictures,

I've been there about 10 years ago. Your photo's remind me of it's beauty.