Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:40 pm 
Hi All,

Went into town on ANZAC day (25th of April) and took these shots after the dawn service. The day was quite sombre matching the mood of the occasion. This was taken just after dawn. Not as pretty as some of the post cards you might see!!!!

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:57 am 
No replies!

The second one is my favourite. The curb lines are captivating, nicely leading the eye to the opera house. If I were to pick anything I didn't like, it would be the slight overlapping of the curb in the distance.

I quite like the railway one. You clearly paid attention to the composition. I like the way the line points to the bottom right corner, but I'm not keen on that third building there - it's a bit distracting and contrasts with the other buildings a lot, as it's round and the others are square.

The last one, the opera house shell, is pretty good too. Nice lines.

I don't care much for the other two, although the lights leading off into the distance in the bottom left are kinda interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 pm 
Hey Rammo,

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful advice.

In retrospect I should have shot in black and white cause the colours are quite bland and don't add anything to the photos.

Thanks once again, appreciate it

Regards
Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:41 am 
DanielD wrote:
In retrospect I should have shot in black and white cause the colours are quite bland and don't add anything to the photos.

Yeah, black and white might be better, what with the bland colours. Although the colours give a nice cool feeling which are a quality in themselves.
I'd advise against ever shooting in black and white though, even if you're sure you want a black and white result. Photo editing software can typically do a better job than cameras do, and give you more control too. Then there's the flexibility of keeping it in colour if you so wish; you can always make a colour photograph black and white, but not the reverse.

PS you've got some nice shots in your flickr.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:27 am 
the second one gets my vote :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:22 pm 
Indeed mine too :D