Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:24 pm 
i was in Manchester on the night of the football ( Rangers vs Zenit )match and the riots, i did have every intention of getting out and about in the city that night with my camera, i went there but it was mobbed like i have never seen it before, there were masses of drunkard body asleep in the street and roads and all the road were full of people with the huge overflow from all the bars and clubs, there were hundred of riot vans, police and ambulance in the side street getting ready they even had 4 police helicopter flying about anyhow decided it might not be a safe or good idea and went back home.

Bad organization and way to much alcohol in my opinion made Manchester a disaster zone during Wednesday night / Thursday morning but i don't wish to get into a debate on football hooligans here or the amount of money it must have cost the tax payer

Thursday morning i was up early and back in the city looking at the mass mess and destruction, i have never seen as much litter through every street, there were still bodies asleep every were battered bruised and covered in blood in some case, broken glass, windows bottles and the street were full of sick, take way foods and paper..it was totally disgusting, the floor were sticky with a mixture of urine, sick and beer and it absolutely stunk...... the police were still out in force and there were still 1000s of rangers supported still drunk, still drinking in the street and waiting for the bar to re open.

even office workers and council staff were cleaning up with the street cleaners, obviously not prepared for a day clearing the streets as they were wearing shirts suit and ties.

.........anyhow here my pictures of the cleanup operation.

notice the extra large key of carlsberg in the form of a tanker........there were 3 of these in picadilly gardens........!!

not the best pics but you get the idea.

i am totally shocked and appalled by the behavior of the minority few who caused this chaos and destruction to the city, all in the name of football, i sit really worth it?????????

I didn't like the sport before and i definatly detest it now.

Darren

( please remove if inappropriate )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:58 pm 
These are great documentary photos, could easily be published in a newspaper

I love the sport, but a few idiots who ruins it for the rest of us.
I'm very passionate Juventus fan and have gone through two champion’s league final defeats and one win, I was very happy when we won but I did not go out and riot when we lost.

I think these people and thugs before which make up probably 1% of the fans population have given a bad reputation to the sport. Booze and hooligans don’t mix well as seen in your pictures, why people don’t know how to drink responsibly i don’t know. From what i read i herd they had drunk Manchester dry by early afternoon.

How we could have prevented this? Maybe not serve booze? Maybe LOCK the trouble makers up for more than 24hours! Maybe not allow people without tickets to watch it on big screens around the city... yes it’ll ruin it for the rest of us, but maybe it’ll teach these idiots a lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:55 pm 
Number one could actually be an add for the bus company with its add saying "get more out of your weekend (...)" by leaving this filthy place!

Quite shocked by the amount of trash... I wouldn't say destruction but this sure isn't a nice portait of your town... phew... at least unemployment can't exist in these conditions with all the people cleaning up afterwards! :D
I also like the DoF in number two

The people just sitting there on the benches in the middle of the litter (Sitting on the trash sould I say!) as if averything was normal, crazy!

Quentin