Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:02 pm 
I got this shot a few days ago, the sun was setting down and i got a beatiful color on the whole scene i though i just might share it :D

p.s how is the new watermarking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 pm 
Why not post another image as well?

here is one i took about a few hours earlier on one of the universities in Malmö really loved the reflection on the nice blue sky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:19 pm 
#1--lol. . .It fits right in to the shot! if you change it to a silver color you would make it look like it was named for you!!! :lol: 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 am 
Wow you have your own town! :D

HDR am I right? Nice! What's that concrete block really used for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:41 am 
I think the concrete block is used some how for show, as it is built in the architectures to look nice, because its not really on the other side! Thats the only reason i can think of

It's not HDR, because i have no idea how to HDR. Every time i try HDR i get these crazy halo's and i tried and tried and given up. I experiment with photoshop.

In that image there is a combination of dogding and burning sharpening, playing aound with shadows and highlights, well it took me quite some time to do it!

ok maybe i shouldn't have placed the watermark there :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:58 am 
Try Photomatix, much much better than Photoshop's built-in HDR tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:29 am 
Everytime i use photomatix i get halo's so i stopped using it :)

but thanks for the tip, this method works great for me and i really like the fine adjusting to make it exactly the way i want it to be :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:28 pm 
alex168 wrote:
I think the concrete block is used some how for show, as it is built in the architectures to look nice, because its not really on the other side! Thats the only reason i can think of

can the brigde open up? onthe picture it look's like the brigde can open using the half circle's, and the concrete as a conta weight?

only guessing, caus i never seen it in real life 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm 
Could be but it doesnt open anymore...i m not 100% sure i gotta find out :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 am 
Hey Alex I've been messing around with Photomatix and I think I might have a solution to your halo problem. Are you using the details enhancer mode? If you are, "Strength" makes halos more obvious while "Light Smoothing" makes them less obvious so that may help you find a balance.