Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:40 pm 

This was an image where I was surprised how it turned out after seeing it on my monitor. The street looked pitoresque - the reason why I took the shot. But I really could not imagine how the colors turned out until I saw the capture.

Gamla Stan, Stockholm, Sweden
Click through to the large size, it's really more fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:56 pm 
Thomas,
Good picture. Gamla Stan (the old town in english) is very nice during summermonths. A few churches, very nice restaurants and quite old buildings. And as you say, pitoresque narrow streets.

And as you can see in this particular picture, there are small gardens on the roofs where people live.

Nice picture !

From wikipedia:
The town dates back to the 13th century, and consists of medieval alleyways, cobbled streets, and archaic architecture. North German architecture has had a strong influence in the Old Town's construction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:41 am 

good one, Thomas...I love the feel of this one...adventure up ahead of that tunnel, and stunning colors...am glad you caught this one..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:09 am 
very nice. The DOF is good, the colours are good, nice and sharp. Over all I would give you an "A"

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:04 am 
Thomas, Khol is right its really lovly around that area during the summer, go out to a lilltle squre sit down have lunch and then take a walk amongs the colourfull houses!

Really nice shots, it brings back memories ( i was raised in stockholm). Thanx Thomas

Khol you should have some shot of gamla stan right :P!? Or do u live outside.

But in the summer it sure does get packed with tourists! But stockholm is a lovley city!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:16 am 
Stockholm is a diamond during summer. I really love it.

Actually, i have not that many pictures of downtown stockholm even tho i work at the very center core.

My plan is to take my newly invested 40D and shot a few during this spring and upcoming summer.

As for now it just have to wait until all dust and gravel is cleaned of the streets and the trees and flowers start to bloom. It's not a pretty sight this time of year.