Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 pm 
Hello to all I'm Anas Ahmad
It’s been four years now when I started photography, I consider myself primarily as a travel photographer, but obviously I still just a novice. In this ever changing world all things are moving and changing so fast where adaptation of new ways to make things quick and precise is obligatory and that's the same thing happening with digital photography also.

I love to capture architectures; I have searched and read on internet quite a lot to find how I can make different compositions in terms of prospective which can be more striking for a viewer and something which could give a fresh look about that place and surprisingly I’ve found a little cure for this from a bit unexpected source.

Imagine what if you’ve built this ability in yourself to visualize a shot/frame before reaching at the place where you about to shoot. There I came across to this tool called "Google Earth" which is free for everyone up till now, It provides you 3d view for most of the popular architectures around the world. With that you can literally design your images. But as we all know on the ground things are always quite dissimilar then what we usually anticipate.

With image below attached in this article, I have tried to give an example wherein you are able to see how much Google Earth can help you and how the environment will influence your photograph while applying this method of pre-composition

Untitled by Anas Ahmad, on Flickr

Links to Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/
after hitting this link above take your mouse pointer to Satellite and click Earth

It’s a fact that Google Earth is not designed for doing these things but I think in near future there will be applications in our Iphones for such practice.

Do give this method a try and I would love to have your feedback.
Thanks
Anas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm 

Anas

Don't forget that there are other useful features in Google Earth.

For example you can view other people's photos to get compositional ideas and the best times of day to shoot before you arrive. Also, you can preview an estimate of the path of the sun and the shadows that it will create across the landscape, fast forwarding to the day you will be there.

All in all a very useful tool for a travel photog that wants to plan ahead.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:47 am 
dubaiphil: yah, that's right but for the start I've tried to keep it simple because there are many countries on the globe where Google maps are still at its early stages of development so it would be easier for everyone to understand in a simple way at the beginning.
Thanks a lot for your input :)