Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: trying something new
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:51 pm 
This is not the original picture, but I did a few tweets...
I would need comments if it'S too dark or too noisy... or anything else that can help.
about the location (any Canadian will know where this is, they should...) view form my hotel room (Gatineau to Ottawa) it was a warm winter day, raining foggy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:41 am 
Yes, I know that bridge and the others linking Ottawa to Hull. I know its Gatineau now but it will always be Hull to me.

As for the shot, its a little dark? It looses the true beauty of the location when its that shadowy and dark. Just my 2 cents.

The view from the Portage Bridge on the Qc side is quite beautiful too. You get to see the Parliamentary Library and the Parliament buildings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:50 pm 
it was really a dark morning, and the shot was handheld... nasty weather some streets had a foot and more of water.
The original shot is darker... and very noisy. But I was amazed of the result after working the photo in aperture 3. I would of preferred if the weather was better. The reason of me being there was for a hockey tournament for the kids novice league (they won by the way).
Thank you Karsan for your advice and opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:34 pm 

Looks a bit eerie because it's dark, but props for trying a different take on this subject!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:48 pm 
thank you evolution, I'm trying different B&W subjects the latest a river taken this early afternoon. I wonder if some sepia effect would of been better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 am 

I think sepia would work really well too...