Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Residential Balcony View
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:36 pm 
Balcony overview

I used a Nikon D3000 with standard kit lens 18mm-55mm
Let me know what you think so i can improve my photography : )

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm 

First of all you should level your camera when you mount it on the tripod so the buildings don't lean , they should be strait up and down. You can fix that later in post production but it should be done in the camera.
Second this building on the right is rather of distracting, so you should change your composition. again this can be cropped later but it is much better if you do it before you take the shot. Living in that kind of city you should be able to find better vantage point. The best way is to go and look at postcards and then try to figure out the place where the shot was taken from (should not be so hard).
I like different color lights, that looks kind of cool. About the clouds, it is hard to say, I really like them but on the other hand I don't. Try shooting in the blue hour which comes after sunset but before the sky is pitch black.
One more thing, even at this resolution I can see that the image is not really sharp, use a sturdy tripod or put some weight on it or both.

Prints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:25 pm 

Hi Calvin,

my first impression of your shot was: quite appealing.
However there is plenty of room for improvements; try to apply the tips Nelepl gave you.
Also if you shoot raw, try playing around with the white balance.
The orange lightning in your picture is interesting on the one hand, but
very exhausting to watch on the other hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 am 
Thank you for the insights everyone : ) Ill definitely try and capture a better shot.

cheers

Post subject: New Panoramic View
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:50 pm 
Panoramic view of my balcony (Sorry about the building on the right i will remember to leave it off next time)

Sorry folks - i do not know how to upload a larger version of the photo in flickr, if you happen to know, please give me a heads up : )
The photo is actually brighter when it is enlarged, but just something fun i did the other day, if you can see clearly, please enjoy and if possible - give me some comments : )

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:17 am 

You need to have pro account

Prints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:49 pm 
thanks for the heads up :)

but i was also wondering, are there any websites that allow original size uploads for free? at the moment i dont want to pay since im only starting photography. Thanks in advance for any tips

cheers