Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm 

Lots of light polution, I know, but I quite like the atmosphere it creates with a 25 second shutter speed to blur the clouds.

Taken from the crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, looking towards the Burj Al Arab (3.5km away) and the Burj Khalifa (14km away) which was opened earlier this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 am 

oops - the hosting Zenfolio site is temporarily down for maintenance and should be up again in 4 hours...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 pm 
Convincingly a great capture! :shock: I so love low-light photography! Awesome pic! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:46 pm 
WOW! :shock:

That was a Superb shot! Definitely favorite shot of the month :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:07 pm 
Great shot, It's one of the buildings i want to visit in my lifetime, looks amazing; great piece of architecture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:22 pm 
Nice shot again Phil :)

@JHM: If, by visiting you mean staying at the hotel then be aware that they made it pretty sure that an average rich guy, even in his dream, don't even think about staying at this place :lol: Man, the rents are insanely high.. I am sure you'll enjoy your stay over there until they hand you the bill :wink:
A weeks stay at Burj ul Arab on one hand, and on the other, think about all those possibilities of having the best of camera gears you can buy :lol: Just kidding. But i am sure, it will be one hell of an experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:30 pm 
O yeah I know about the ridiculous prices ha, its like £30,000 a night or something like that. So unless I get lucky tonight on the lotery I doubt I will ever be staying. But I think it will definately be worth a visit :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:43 pm 

It's definitely one of those places that is better to look at than be in!

Gaudy is not the word - ridiculously over the top and untasteful on the inside, but nice to look at on the outside, especially at night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 pm 
excellent made photo,well done!
the colors are so beautiful