Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mazoon Mosque
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 am 
Mazoon al-Mashani

Princess Mazoon bint Ahmed Ali al-Maschani (Arabic: مزون بنت أحمد‎) († 12th August 1992) was the second wife of Sultan Sayyid Said bin Taimur Al-Said and the mother of Sultan Sayyid Qabus bin Said al-Said of Oman.

Biography

Mazun was born in the 1920s in the eastern Dhofar, the southern province of Oman. She was the daughter of Sheikh Ahmed Ali, the tribe leader of the powerful Bait al-Maschani tribe. She was a "Jebbali", thus a member of a mountain tribe. She became either at the end of 1939 or the beginning of 1940 the second wife of Sultan Said. She was a cousin of his first wife. The wedding ran not completely without complications. The Maschani tribe was of the opinion that the bride money was not high enough. Therefore they kidnapped the fiancée of the Sultans and carried her back into the mountains. Thereupon the Bait Tabook tribe, a tribe of the coastal plain around the province capital Salalah, embattled a pursuit troop. They succeeded in stopping the kidnappers and forced them to return to Salalah. The wedding was celebrated with the usual rejoicing and on 18 November 1940 she gave birth to the Sultan's only son Qabus, the later Sultan and successor of her husband.[3] Over her life is little known, except that Sultan Qabus was lifelong cordially connected with his mother. She died in 1992 from her long lasting diabetes. Sultan Qabus buried her in her homeland region in Taqah on the cemetery nearby the mosque. It was not only in her homeland province popular, but also throughout the country. Therefore on the occasion of her death a three-day-long state mourning was declared.

Camera: Nikon D40
Lens: 18-55mm kit lens
Exposure: 15 secs
Aperture: f10
ISO: 200
Editing: Noise reduction & some sharpening

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:28 am 

I like the shots in both posts, very sharp and good composition

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:31 pm 

Nicely done. I like the 2nd best for compostion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:09 am 
thanks guys :) will post more of my Mosque Photos soon hehehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 am 
that last shot is the clincher!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:53 pm 
Last shot are my Fav & well done. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:15 am 
thanks guys for the wonderful comments weeeeee :D