Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Botanic Garden
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
Me again....
still trying my new camera and photography!
That's my third shooting session, so please hit me.. I'm keen to learn.
And if you guys have an extra time, please jump on my flickr, I've got a few more over there!

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm 

My favourite is #4 - a great combination of texture, colour, and contrast with the shadows. I see what you were trying to do with #1, but I think you need the curb to start further into a corner, and some way to make the 'background' elements seem farther away... shoot at a wider angle, be lower to the ground, and give the camera a slightly upward tilt to make the distance seem bigger perhaps.

Nice work!

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:06 pm 

Plymer wrote:
I see what you were trying to do with #1, but I think you need the curb to start further into a corner, and some way to make the 'background' elements seem farther away... shoot at a wider angle, be lower to the ground, and give the camera a slightly upward tilt to make the distance seem bigger perhaps.

I agree with this... The wider lens would do the trick I think.

50mm f1.8
quatary mono/tripod

Google+
Facebook
Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 pm 
I'm my no means a professional, but I love the lest shot. Really makes me long for autumn and leaves. Great light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 pm 
Plymer wrote:
My favourite is #4 - a great combination of texture, colour, and contrast with the shadows. I see what you were trying to do with #1, but I think you need the curb to start further into a corner, and some way to make the 'background' elements seem farther away... shoot at a wider angle, be lower to the ground, and give the camera a slightly upward tilt to make the distance seem bigger perhaps.

Nice work!

great tips Plymer. Really appreciate it. I think you got what I was trying to do. It was first time trying this kind of shot, good for learning. I might get back to this place and try it again.

Thanks a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 pm 
Johanna wrote:
I'm my no means a professional, but I love the lest shot. Really makes me long for autumn and leaves. Great light.

Thanks Johanna!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm 

wow, nice pictures - except for the first one, which is technically good, but the picture doesn't say anything but broken curb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 am 
BBR wrote:
wow, nice pictures - except for the first one, which is technically good, but the picture doesn't say anything but broken curb

Thanks BBR, the first one I didn't really get it right. I'll try something different next time. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:35 am 
I really enjoyed the colors and detail in 3 & 4. I think they work! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:07 pm 
Burun wrote:
I really enjoyed the colors and detail in 3 & 4. I think they work! :D

Thanks Burun