Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:26 am 
Yuletide has hit Vancouver and Christmas lights cheer up the urban landscape of this large city.

This hospital has spared no expense in their "Lights of Hope" front.

Even the local rowing and yacht-club at the edge of Stanley Park is lit up. Here the entrance.

..and here the club house in all it's splendor.

Smack-dab in the middle of the park, a little train-ride has been set up. In that whole area, the trees and bushes have been cheerfully lit.

On a final sobering note, there are still homeless people in the streets, trying to eke out some form of existence. In the blistering cold of the snow covered city, one person sleeps in the entrance of a church.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 am 

Stunning! What great clarity, colour and composition. Thanks for sharing.

http://chrismckayphotography.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:35 am 
i love the 3d photo! how long was the exposure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:51 am 

Anel-slo wrote:
i love the 3d photo! how long was the exposure?

9 secs at f8

http://chrismckayphotography.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:23 pm 

Lovely shots! Vancouver is such a good-looking city, but I suppose it's hard not to be when you've got such an amazing location and backdrop hehe

I wish I was in Vancouver again this Christmas - it was very nice to visit last year aside from the rain :lol:

I would love to go back to the VanDusen Botanical Gardens for the Festival of Lights again - last year when I went there was a cool fog that rolled in and made the whole experience much more magical. Also, the construction cranes that were working on the Olympic Village were all lit up at night which made a great spectacle :)

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:16 pm 
Those are beautiful sir. Have any trouble getting around in the snow? Lol.
I had the fun of trudging from Grouse mountain all the way out to Tsawwassen yesterday. Good times, but it was lovely out.