Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:58 pm 
My first HDR! I used Phtotomatix and took one RAW shot, splitting it up into three exposures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:10 am 

I like it but you probably should have gone portrait aspect and also there's too much "glow" around the statue I think. But I think you're going in the right direction with it.

Post subject: thnx!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:44 am 
thanks for the advice, i agree it would have been better to take the photo portrait mode. i used the tone mapping tool from photomatix, and thats where the glow around the statue developed. is it possible to prevent this from happening?

Post subject: Re: thnx!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 am 

lsmaverick15 wrote:
thanks for the advice, i agree it would have been better to take the photo portrait mode. i used the tone mapping tool from photomatix, and thats where the glow around the statue developed. is it possible to prevent this from happening?

Yeah it's possible to prevent that, you may want to tone down the HDR effects a little and see what happens. Maybe take it into photoshop and touch it up? The rest of the photo looks great aside from the glow... I'm sure it's fixable though.