Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pens Gone WILD!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:32 pm 
Suddenly i just find a lot of creativity flowing through my mind! Its great! I honestly though i lost it there for a while, but when i was messing around during my lecture today (drawing) i realized i could try something out and this is what i came up with! What do you think?!

i just realzied that the computer screen i do my ps work is not as "bright" as my laptop, looks like that is going to need a fix!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:41 pm 
Interesting concept, although it seems a little flat to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:48 pm 
Gregory.Rotter wrote:
Interesting concept, although it seems a little flat to me.

Yeah i know what exactly what you mean; and i also know why it looks that way, its because i erased the background from the school bench - thus it looks 2D - or some what cartoonish :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 am 
it doesnt exactly look real... cool though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:05 pm 
Not sure what you mean by flat. It seems to have a 3d look to me, the second layer seems to pop-out.

Perhaps use pens with the full length completely coloured instead of just the tips? Might inject a bit of extra colour in. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:15 pm 

I like it very much. How long did it take you to arrange them all, a while i guess? I also wondered what it would look like with all the writing on the crayons being shown, too.Perhaps that would have taken even longer.still very nice, and its also nice to see you back as well Alex. :) sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:59 pm 
Cheers guys, love the support!

How long it took me to arrange it all? Maybe about 1 minute for both of the shots, its a combination of two shots, one shot which makes up the "background" and another one that makes up the so called "top layer" of pens! Probably took more time to fix the background to white in PS, typical :P

i shot this with the 50mm, that i had mounted on the camera at the time the 18-55 i had left at home, i just wanted to be small!

That is quite a good idea maybe i will do that next time, draw a couple of lines and have the pens laying right after it!

I m want to move from the ordinary photography it feels like and this is a try!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:18 am 
Watch out for your shadow inconsistencies. It's perhaps this that makes it look even more artificial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:28 am 
Photoj wrote:
Watch out for your shadow inconsistencies. It's perhaps this that makes it look even more artificial.

Are you referring to the different directions of the two different batches of pens?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:57 pm 
I think Ed means that the pens laying across the image have the shadows below as if they were shot with light coming from above where as the outside sets of the pens have light coming from the right and the middle set of pens the light is coming from the left (at least on one half of the pens it does but not the other) ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:00 pm 
Another thing is the middle set of pens seem to change colour from the top and the bottom - although this is the reason the shadows do not work out right as you forgot to flip the bottom half of the pens when you pasted them I assume mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:59 pm 
Mark-A wrote:
Another thing is the middle set of pens seem to change colour from the top and the bottom - although this is the reason the shadows do not work out right as you forgot to flip the bottom half of the pens when you pasted them I assume mate.

Yeah i know what you mean, didnt see it till you mentioned it Mark, thats not supposed to be that way ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:20 pm 
Mark's pretty much summed up any expanded explanation I could give. Thanks.