Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Water drops
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:40 am 
I was playing around with using my flash off camera. I was using it in slave mode so the pop up fired the flash. Any CC will be appreciated, feel free to be honest I need some help with my lighting.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that there was also a collapsible disc reflector opposite the flash.
1)

Iso 200
exp. 1/100
f/4.0
50mm

2)

Iso 200
exp. 1/100
f3.5
54mm

3)

Iso 200
exp. 1/100
f/6.3
40mm

Last edited by just take the pix on Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:41 am 
i love em...

2nd one looks kinda dirty if you ask me....

heheh, then again i can be perverted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 am 
palakaboy wrote:
i love em...

2nd one looks kinda dirty if you ask me....

heheh, then again i can be perverted.

Thank you, BTW you also have a very creative imagination :roll: . I can't believe that I got a shadow of the drop on the first two, I think that it is very cool 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:55 pm 
I like the first two. I think the third has odd composition and color. The rusty color is unappealing. The focus is on the water, which almost looks Photoshopped over the other image, but the faucet is only a little out of focus.

I think if you wanted to take another photo at the last angle, I would try to replicate the style from the first two: monochromatic to eliminate the unsightly rush, have something to see in the background / better lighting, try to capture an interesting distribution of water droplets like in the first two.

I hope that helps. Nice shots.

There is another thing I want to add. I think the faucet pictures make for an interesting study in setting up the camera for program.. I may try taking similar pictures as a study myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:55 am 
I was playing around with water drops again and came up with this one after about 50 shots and some red food coloring, let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:10 pm 
Good capture and well done in going to the effort of using food colouring. If you planned it to be a central composition, it's visibly off to the left. A completely central composition would be marginally stronger. Otherwise you can fall onto the basics of thirds and golden means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 pm 
I like the 3rd one !!