Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: a made a new friend :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:16 pm 
Well i was really bored and not in the mood for bed about 1h ago, so i decided to go outside and try out some of that light painting, probably took around 13shots totaly EXIF data on flickr, but it was at a shutter speed of 30sec

here are the shots, insipiration came from our venzuelan freind here on the forums!

"hitchin' a ride"

"driving the boat"

"chillin' by the stairs"

Each WB is diffrent, i whent for the one that suited the image the best!

Have a laught at these will ya :), comments are more then welcome as alwas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 pm 

Really cool! I'll be sure to give this a go myself someday soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:30 am 
Hey Alex

Really nice shots!!! The first two look very cool.

It's even better when you go outside. I have to try it soon, I think led lights are better than standard flash lights... looks cooler indeed.

Did you drop some pounds running from the camera and back? :)
What was your setup?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:53 am 
Those are really sweet!!! I love the first one, I thought it was a neon sign at first. Thanks for posting Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:13 am 
Thanks guys for the kinds words

Camut, i m a very fit guy (going for all the ladies out there 8) ) hahha

My set up was pretty was a 16cm tripod that i have, one of those minature ones, but it always comes in real handy, i m quite the shaky hand. When it came to the light i brought 3 types and tried them all, but it was only one that works. I tried a "normal" flash light if you will one of those cheaper version, and when looking around i found one of those really strong light, that you can put on your forehead to be working at the same time and that is waht i ended up using. This light shine blue so that explains the blue colour, didnt use any filters tho but might in the future

The hardest shot of them all was the actualy the first one! I did it soo many times out of all of them, my guy ended up looking a bit wierd and that was the best looking guy i could have ended up with. While the second shot i just nailed it. I placed the Camera on the dock 10sec timer ran to the boat jumped in turned on the light and whent to the back (note that boat is blurry because i kinad jumped into the boat which caused it to blur)