Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: //thursday session//
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:53 pm 
After and before a meeting at work today (alot of fun tho :D) i took some pictures, i promised i would post some shots of the new little baby that has been added to the new collection, the Cayman S those shots come last. The litte diffrent ones first!

"lonley walk" - held the camera and had a freind walk awayt

"red light chili"

"blotter acid" - camera on manual and manual focus, they are streetlights

Cayman S at 18mm

Cayman S at 18 mm

Cayma S at 18mm

Thats all for today enjoy them and hopefully i will get some shots tommorw! Feel free to comment and i very open to critque if you think its sucks tell me so :D i would love to knw why u think that way

Last edited by alex168 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:24 pm 

Oh my god... that is not your car... is it? Those are some bad ass sexy pictures of a bad-ass sexy car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 pm 
Nah its not my car would love to own it, orr maybe not i dont knw how much the insurance is at. Its my fathers car he has been dreaming of getting one for 30 years and he finaly purchased one as a lill 50yr old gift for himself

how do you like the angel of those shots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:49 pm 
I prefer the second of the three Cayman S images. The balance is much better than the one of the rear - there simply aren't enough lines/curves to pull my attention, and the sky is mildly overexposed. For the back end of the car, here I'd suggest going closer to eye level than a low perspective so you can see the tail and then a bit of the roof to pull you into the frame. What the first image has are lines from the front and along the bonnet to the windscreen. It could also do with straightening.

With your very first image, the "ghosting" effect can be enhanced further by setting a longer exposure on a tripod. I'm just wondering as you took that at 1/5, f4.5 at 34mm, suggesting it was handheld. It's not a bad attempt if handheld, but the ghosting that you've caught is more handshake than motion blur. Handshake can be an effective effect as you've shown, and doesn't always ruin an image; I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:56 pm 
Thanks Ed for your input, when i was shooting the car i was noticed later on the computer two things: the car was dirty and you dont really photograph a dirty car. The second thing was what you mentioned the over exposure on the right hand side of the image, I tried to fix this in post processing but didnt really get anywhere.

Yeah it was hand held, i must say that it was not on purpuse that i was trying to go for this effect, the sun had already set and i didnt really think about it was busy talking to a few freinds when one suggest, hey grab a shot of me walking away and i thought yeah why not that could be intresting. Given the enviroment and my freinds are getting tired of me stopping all time to take a picture, so i placed the camera on P and fired away. Took two shots this one was the one that came out the best. I like the feeling to the image, its seems to me as if the subject is lonley in a busy world...a bit depressing. Note the pony tail he has :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:27 am 
Those super-saturated images of your Cayman are great....but not as great as the real car!!!!! I like the 2nd and 3rd! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:44 pm 
grahamnp wrote:
Those super-saturated images of your Cayman are great....but not as great as the real car!!!!! I like the 2nd and 3rd! 8)

Its better to drive it tho 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:16 am 
Could take it of your hands if it's too much trouble.... 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 pm 
grahamnp wrote:
Could take it of your hands if it's too much trouble.... 8) :lol:

I will keep that in mind ;) its always good to knw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 am 

zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom! takes on a whole new meaning, alex...love the little red putt-putt...tell your Pop it is a good thing to see your dreams right in the drive way..and congrats on his birthday present to himself...Yay! Great shots, and what fun, you can take photos of it all the time...

patti