Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Few Sepia Shots
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:24 pm 

1. S 1/10, A 3.2, ISO 80, FL 12.7mm

2. s 1/4, A 4.0, ISO 80, FL 25mm

3. S 1/4, A 2.8, ISO 80, FL 7.4mm

Hope you like them, look forward for your critcism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:00 pm 

I dont knw what the colours of the first images are but i m not so keen on the sepia for that, would have gone more black and white or colour. As for the second one that orchide is given a classy look with the speia but your killing the plant by not really showing the colours of it, thats just my opinion!

I think teh speia works best for the 3rd one

Overall: 2 out of 3 good images..the first not really "special" to my opinion

Thanks for sharing, i m quite tired now so i will add to this afterwards

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:47 pm 

Hey flux_nous,

some interesting still life potential there for sure. That first one, is that your braided rasta-hair or something else? lol

Like alex168, I too think that the third one is the frame that lends itself the best for sepia-toning. With a slight straightening (assuming that the window is indeed not tilted and perhaps a crop so you don't get the other side of the center, I think it would work well. Throw in some diffuse-glow on the highlights maybe, and you might increase it's impact.

As for the plant shot, I think that if you cropped out the window completely, so that you would only have the one intersecting vertical line, it would be "cleaner". It may have more impact it it was pure B&W.

The first one - due to it's complexity - doesn't lend itself to sepia I feel. This is a matter of taste of course, but rarely do I see sepias add to "textural" and macro-shots. But that's just me.

It seems to me that you have a good eye for composition though. I can almost feel what you were trying to do or almost "see" what you might've seen when you decided on these.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more :-)

Cheers!