Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Skull in HDR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 pm 

Well, I had no real bracketed shots to HDR them but used HDR Efex pro from Nik Software to add some punch to a single RAW file.

The Skull:
Skull 25562 by Thomas, on Flickr

Whoa, so many presets and parameters you can play with in this latest software for the creation and processing of high dynamic range images. And your settings will not be saved with the image, but you have to save them as separate presets. That will be fun to find out afterwards which presets you used to create a specific image :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:22 am 

Is this heavily cropped? It looks a little soft and muddy. I often get that from bracketed HDR shots but this is a pseudo HDR from a raw file. I find it difficult to get the colours right on single-shot HDRs

I'm not familiar with the software you used. Is it similar to the pseudo HDR in Photomatix?

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:27 pm 

The HDR Efex pro is a brand-new HDR software from Nik that I just tested.
I also tried pseudo HDR in photomatix and this is similar. But as there are so many algorithms for this and HDR Efex pro has already 26 presets with different results I'm in no position to compare both pieces of software.
As to sharpness. if you could look at the full-resolution image you would see that there is no sharpness problem...