Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lewis 30. Cal photos
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 pm 
I believe this to be a Lewis .30 caliber water cool machine gun. Nothing impressive I would say with these photos. But I had the chance to do some photography yesterday so figured practise makes perfect! :)

-I used shutter priority at 1/250.
-B&W setting.

Cheers,
Nathan

-Shutter Priority at 1/160:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 pm 

I don't have much to say about the photos, but I want to ask what your thought process was for using Shutter-priority for these photos?

For things that aren't moving, Aperture-priority might be a better choice, since you can then control the depth-of-field and accentuate the subject against the background that much more. Granted in the second shot, blue sky is pretty much as out of focus/accentuating the subject as you can get...

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr