Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Red Peppers
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:50 pm 
Just as my wife was about to cut this peppers, i took a shot of it.. and for me, the result wasn't that bad :) Its very simple....

BTW, image was crop and a little bit of PP...

Here's another version of the pic above... ( just posted now 5/21/09 )

Not that sharp but i guess this is more pleasing to the eye..

Last edited by purantoy on Sat May 23, 2009 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:53 pm 
I'm new to photography but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's a bit too much color saturation. I do however like the composition :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:16 am 
elro wrote:
I'm new to photography but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's a bit too much color saturation. I do however like the composition :)

Agree on that elro :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:57 am 
Composition is good, it kinda reminds me of a line of people that are about to get executed by shot.T
he IQ doesn't add to the image as well as the floppy technical part. (or is it just the IQ?)
edit: Why didn't you use your speedlight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 am 
artlove wrote:
edit: Why didn't you use your speedlight?

I have to admit i was in a hurry to take the shot that i didn't even bother to use my flash.... but thanks anyway for the C&C, it's always a big help for me and my future shots. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:29 pm 
Looks to have a colour cast to me (I did some work on it in photoshop earlier which improved it some, unfortunately I forgot to save it so cannot post it but basically I cooled the image down quite a bit which made the steel in the knife look like steel).

I do like the composition and light you have captured, personally I wouldn't have used flash I would have lowered the ISO and used a longer shutter speed with the camera on a tripod to maintain the nice lighting that's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:46 pm 
Mark-A wrote:
Looks to have a colour cast to me (I did some work on it in photoshop earlier which improved it some, unfortunately I forgot to save it so cannot post it but basically I cooled the image down quite a bit which made the steel in the knife look like steel).

I do like the composition and light you have captured, personally I wouldn't have used flash I would have lowered the ISO and used a longer shutter speed with the camera on a tripod to maintain the nice lighting that's going on.

I guess the adjustments i made in photoshop gave me the color that i really wanted (talking bout the peppers..) but i didnt realized that the knife was already loosiing it's original color. Not also having the flash gave me soft shadows instead which i like but i increased the ISO coz i was only depending on the light from the window.. and no tripod used. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:04 pm 
Yeh the WB, could do with changing, as the picture is far to warm in my opinion, and just looks really un natural!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:43 am 
I'm really thankful for the C&C's and hoping to recieve some more. This would really help me as a newbie to improve my future shots....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:40 am 

Not bad at all for a quick snapshot. I do like the second one a bit more. Maybe if you toned down the first one it would work but I think it's a bit too strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:01 pm 
Shagrath wrote:
Not bad at all for a quick snapshot. I do like the second one a bit more. Maybe if you toned down the first one it would work but I think it's a bit too strong.

Yep, i agree the first one is too strong and as what podgeorge said, it's far too warm plus the picture looks unnatural...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:46 pm 
Hello there,

purantoy's pictures and avatar were gone.

I do not like photobucket because all time, It deleted or moved photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:46 am 
lynn55 wrote:
Hello there,

purantoy's pictures and avatar were gone.

Im sorry.... i'll post it back again. Made a mistake while organizing my folder :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 am 
lynn55 wrote:

Ok, back to normal...

any suggestion of website aside from photobucket? :)