Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Old vs. New
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:09 pm 
A shot I took a few weeks ago now, I just liked the comparison with the old and the new there.... whaddya think? I know the colours look a tad faded... erm, but i found that if I tried to made it darker to get better colours I'd lose the detail though I didn't think to use the vivid setting on my camera..... bummer
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:21 pm 
I like the contrast between old and new a lot, shame about the cluttered setting. Regarding the colour / detail level I have done a quick edit, also a crop to what I consider the business end of the image :)

Basically did a small curves adjustment, boosted hue / sat then used a plugin called topaz on a copied layer and selectively masked it to basically bring out the detail just on the guns.

If you would like me to remove the image no problems just let me know and I will do it asap.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:46 pm 
no, Thanks a lot, the colours do look better and the crop looks good as well :wink: just looks a bit noisy? may be my monitor but no, Nice job! shame I don't have an editing program, but I'm not too bothered about fiddling with my photos though it might be nice with some that aren't quite all there but thanks anyway!

I suppose I could have used a bit of flash as well to brighten it a bit?