Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Eggs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 pm 
Hello everyone,

At school im taking a film photography course as an art, and I must say it is quite fun. One of our assignments was to shoot a roll of film of an egg, but making it creative. Our teachers motive was to give us a simple object, in this case the egg, and for us to make it more interesting/creative.

I did a few test shots with my D50, to get the lighting right, etc... and here are some of the better pictures.

Egg with earphones:

Yes, I know the tape is showing, there wasn't any other way to get the earphones to stick to the egg without using superglue... and I didn't want to waste a perfectly good pair of ear-buds.

Egg and lines:

(Little underexposed... I don't really have time to edit it as I have to get back to school tonight)

There you are, comments and critique welcome!

Eric D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 pm 
Wow very nice dramatic lighting. i would definitely classify these as creative/interesting. looks like a fun class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:18 am 
Thanks. It was a very fun assignment to shoot, mainly because of the challenge.

For the lighting all I did was bounce the SB-24 off the roof, f/1.4, 1/8th power.

I'm trying to learn how to use my flash better... It opens up a whole other branch of photography.