Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 pm 
I have been practising with my new camera. Would appreciate some critique?
Regards
Kerry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerryanndu ... 444091552/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 pm 
The reflection really helps add some character to the photos. However, one thing that I don't really like is how the subject is bang smack in the middle of the photo. This is just a matter of preference, but try placing the glass about 1/3 to the left or right of the frame (i.e. follow the rule of thirds). There are times when rules should be broken, but I think that if you used the rule of thirds that would greatly enhance the impact of these photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:06 pm 

With a strong subject such as this it's probably best to use the rule of thirds on it. If something is more subtle but you really want to draw attention to it, breaking the rule of thirds may help your photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 am 
ok i did crop the picture so will have a go and redoing it and let me know what you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:21 am 
http://flickr.com/photos/kerryannduffy/3260000152/

please let me know what you think of it now I have re-cropped it? I have tried pasting the photo directly onto here but am struggling (ive read the instructions from a previous discussion am still not doing it right)

Im trying out all different types of photography at the moment. People are my favourite but I do quite like still life too. Have had a go at landscapes but am finding that very difficult! Have been having a go at Macro but I dont have the specific lense for it. Only the setting on my camera so they are looking nowhere near as good as the shots ive seen on here.

Thank you so much for looking and helping. I really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:53 am 
That is a lot better! It's actually very good and it's going to be interesting to see what kind of photos you'll be taking a few months down the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:18 pm 
thank you very much.