Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Andre + Klyftan
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 pm 
So exams are all over, and i can finally sit back and relax and take my camera with me! Wohoo, so yesterday i called my friend Hanna and asked if she wanted to meet up for some coffee, to chat and catch up a bit since its been a few weeks since we met. Amazing 3h i spent with her talking about random stuff, she is the best!

But i did bring my camera a long and i got some shots, that i quite liked. Here is my favorite one and i though i share what was going on, the place we were at was some trashy, graffiti on the walls, nice 60s rock playing the back you get the whole idea, so i wanted to capture this "grungy" feeling to my images, how do u think i did?

Check out the rest of the sieries HERE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:03 pm 
Love them, especially the bathroom and the coffee.

Nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:34 pm 
The longer you look at the table, the more that little drawing and stuff pops out. Great shot. How did you process it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:53 pm 
Thanks guy,

Funny story about the bathroom, i had some stuff on my camera that i didnt want her to check out so the first time i was going to the bathroom i wanted to take my camera with me, not to mention that these types of places some how always have very unique looking bathrooms, so instead of taking the snaps shots the 1st time i gave her a quick class on how to work ym camera so she could have something to do while i was gone, always boring to be sitting on your own waiting for some one to get back from the bathroom etc.

IanDM wrote:
How did you process it?

The processing was done in CS4, first crop, adjustment layers, the some curves adjustments, and then i did some saturation adjustments, after that i add a gradient mask black to white, after that i added a channel mixer (a la monochrome of course), at this point the photo is black and white, then some contrast adjustments, even more, then played with the highlights of the images.

Once that was done it was time to do some non-destructive dodging and burning to the photo that extra "umps"

I think that was about it...

About the table it was packed with images, texts i didnt really move the glasses around, and some how i liked what came out.