Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:02 am 
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I decided to have a go at some product type photos with my one month old K200D. C&c welcome, I am here to learn :wink:

DA 50-200 @ 80mm, 1/125, f 6.7, ISO 400, flash bounced off ceiling

DA 50-200 @ 80mm, 1/125, f 8, ISO 400, flash bounced off ceiling

Only PP done was crop and resize.

Thanks for watching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 am 
AHHHHHH!

Sorry, the clown spooked me. The first one looks pretty good, (other than being a creepy clown), but the second appears a little overexposed i think.

Also, try turning off your lights (ambient light) before taking the shot. I can see the yellowish reflection of your lights on the batteries, and it takes away from the shot. Also, not all of the batteries are in focus it would seem (which might be a result of the overexposure partially). I can also see what looks like wooden floors or tables in the reflection of the battery. Don't know how you'd counter that other than putting a white sheet down or something. If you kill the lights, that will likely reduce that as well, as long as the flash doesn't significantly illuminate the floor/wood. Snoot might help? My experience with flash photography is limited, just got one a little while ago. See what others say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:56 am 

The second one doesn't seem as sharp as I'd like. Especially on the small text in the foreground. A larger depth of field might be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:12 pm 
Thanks for your the pointers, I didn't realize the ambient light would have a great impact as long as I use the flash. And you are right, it was on a brown table, just an A3 sheet of paper making the background. Seems I have to find something bigger!
As for the flash, we are still getting to know each other :) since I have to do it all manually... (that's why the shallow DoF).

Thank you again!