Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tamron 10-24 for Nikon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 pm 
Am i reading this right? How does the lens change the conversion focal length of the lens?

Quote:
Tamron SP AF10-24mm Di II specifications

*1 Di (Digitally integrated design)-II lenses are designed for exclusive use on digital cameras with APS-C sized smaller image sensors. Di II lenses are not designed for use with 35mm film cameras and digital SLRs with image sensors larger than 24mmx16mm.

*2 Tamron's conversion value is 1.55x

*3 As of August 2008, according to Tamron’s research of ultra wide-angle zoom lenses designed for exclusive use on digital SLR cameras.

Quote:
Covers the Broadest Range Ever-from 10mm Ultra Wide-angle to 24mm-in Its Class.
The new Tamron ultra wide-angle zoom lens covers the 35mm full-size format equivalent of 16-37mm, for the first time in this class of zoom lenses . This focal length range-10mm ultra wide-angle to 24mm semi wide-angle-enables the user to enjoy hassle-free wide-angle photography.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:51 pm 

Tamron has used 1,55x as an example. Nikon camera's would have a multiplier of 1,5x on the focal lenghth where a Canon sensor would give 1,6x the focal length. So on nikon camera's you'd get a 15-36mm lens instead of the canon's 16-38. I think Tamron has chosen the 1,55 as an average of these two types of sensor.

Wout

(btw, this post is in the wrong forum, but that's not my job to change :-P)