Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:04 am 
Just a few quick samples taken with the new, updated, Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VRII to show what it can do. I only got it a few days ago, so excuse the lack of artistry here :)
Shots taken mostly at around 200mm, no post-processing except some cropping in some pictures. Watch for sharpness, detail and colour rendition, and the beautiful bokeh, of course!... Camera is Nikon D300s.

...and finally a quick portrait.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:22 am 
Just got this new teleconverter today - not to be confused with the "II" version. THis new one has got some pretty good reviews and is creating a bit of a storm within the Nikon community. So here are some very quick shots taken in my garden at 200mm a few hours after I got it. From what I see, it looks like a winner to me. No PP at all except a little bit of cropping to bring out the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:07 pm 
Seems to be just as sharp as my 105 vr macro.

Very nice detail coming from a zoom. Nikon ftw! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:04 pm 
There's a caveat I should mention regarding the performance of the TC-20E III. I have come across a comment suggesting that the performance of the TC-20E III must be judged at it's wide-open setting, i.e. f5.6 on a f2.8 zoom like the 70-200mm VRII. At f11, for instance,the gentleman in question mentioned that even the older model TC-20E II (not III) was producing good results. So unless this new TC III can produce good results at f5.6, it is not substantially better than the older model (again, according to the person I mentioned earlier).

The photos I posted were taken on program mode and the camera chose f7.1 through to f13. So, is the TC-20E III sharp from f5.6 through to f7.1 then? I don't know. I'll do more tests soon to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:30 am 

I just tried one out yesterday in the local dealer (12,500AED = $3400US!!!!!!!) - I'd never pay what the dealer asks in Dubai, but it sure is impressive at f2.8, 200mm and 1/15th second!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:49 am 
Wonderful detail Ant1.
Thankyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:42 pm 
D700 & 70-200VRII

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am