Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: moving objects at night
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:59 pm 
how can i shoot moving objects at night without bluring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 pm 
akop47 wrote:

A tough subject indeed.. i know your asking DSLR tips to help you out with this but ill help too haha..

Well very simple.. either bump up your ISO very high and get noisy images but get faster shutter speeds and less blur.. OR use a flash and maybe get it to look good.. point is.. dont shoot action at night.. its very very very hard to do.. unless theres lighting like a football game or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 pm 
thanks for the tip... one more thing!! how can i increase the horizontal and vertcal resolution of my cam to 300 dpi each coz its showing only 72dpi when i look in the photo details

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:12 pm 
If you are a bit more specific about what it is you want to photograph and what equipment you use it might be possible to give more detailed advice.

Ben

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:50 am 
akop47 wrote:

Open your cameras flash, and in the menus find your Flash mode settings. Set your camera to "Rear" or "Rear Sync" or "Rear Curtain" flash.

Then shoot your subject.

What does this do? It fires your flash just before the shutter closes which will capture your subject as it is in action.

If it is a car, or anything with a light, it will look something like this

Also for your DPI question, you could just shoot RAW. That should be something around 240dpi. The other option would be to just up the resolution during post-processing when you crop.

Best,
-Sean.