Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hoya CPL
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:25 am 
New to the forums & new to dslr, though not unfamiliar with slr..

Just purchased a a 40D and picked up the Hoya DMC1 PRO CP-L off of Amazon for $88.39. The strange thing is that the seller was Adorama via Amazon and on their own website the filter lists for $172. Not sure if that was a misprint or some sale that was going on just via Amazon. Regardless Adorama honored the price and didn't even say if it was a misprint. I just checked Amazon again and found that the

I also ordered the EW-78BII lens hood which after all, you gotta have one to protect your lens right? Turns out that it is very difficult to rotate the CPL filter with the lens hood in place. I only noticed this after I got home from an outing with the wife & dog that I never rotated the filter. Was too consumed with my new camera. :)

-bdk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 am 
Hi bdk,

many warm welcomes to the forum!

A 40D is serious start in the DSLR. Quite a few other forum members enjoy the 40D as their camera as well.

I hope you will enjoy your stay with CameraLabs and will share some of your shots with your new rig with us. And don't forget the Monthly Assignment which is a friendly showcase and competition of our photos with a specific theme.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:21 am 
LahLahSr wrote:
A 40D is serious start in the DSLR. Quite a few other forum members enjoy the 40D as their camera as well.

I hope you will enjoy your stay with CameraLabs and will share some of your shots with your new rig with us. And don't forget the Monthly Assignment which is a friendly showcase and competition of our photos with a specific theme.

Thanks LahLahSr.. I happened across CameraLabs when researching which DSLR to buy. Gordon's YouTube videos were among the ones that I watched trying to figure things out. The MOST confusing point was that Nikon & Canon had like model names D40 & 40D and it took me a while to figure out that they're not even in the same league. Happy with my purchase, just got to spend time learning all the ins & outs of the camera.

-bdk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am 
Hey bdk.... welcome to the 40D Crew the Bad Boys Camera