Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Confusing live view blob
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 pm 
Hi everyone, the people on this forum seem pretty friendly and down-to-earth so I was wondering if I could ask a newbie question?
I have recently bought a Canon 40D with the 17-85mm lens. I was giving live view a go today and it was working great. Tonight I thought I would try and photograph a light emitting subject at dusk from an open window. For some reason (and only in live view) a strange blob appeared on the picture. It moved around when I moved the camera and I think it must be a reflection of some kind.
Basically what I wanted to ask was what it is and how I avoid doing it in future.

Cheers

George

… Ah this is embarrassing but I can’t figure out how to attach the photo, looks like I need more help than I thought I would

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:45 am 
Welcome Your Majesty :lol: :D to the forum and welcome to 40D Crew The Bad Boys Camera, didn't know we had another monarch in the country does Betty Windsor know.... as for your "Blob" that you are seeing don't know but there have been a lot of UFO sightings in the UK of late :lol: ... no seriously could be "Lens Flare" from any bright object if you were pointing straight at it i.e. the sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:09 pm 
It could be light entering through your Viewfinder?

To put an image in your post, you will need to upload to a storage site like Imageshack, copy the link, paste the link into your post, highlight all the text in the link and select the "Img" (Image). Then preview your post to see if you have been successful.

*These buttons are only available when creating a new thread or new post.

I hope this helps your Majesty... :roll:

Best Regards Crobbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 am 
Ah right, yeah lens flare sounds like the most likely culprit. Thanks guys!

P.S Thanks also for telling me how to put images up. Think that will come in handy.