Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:45 am 
hi guys,

i just bought an eos450d.

i also purchased a fujiyama uv filter as advised as a prophylactic for the lense. however i opened the uv filter and there are loads of white dust speckles, which is annoying seeing as i just bought the thing sealed.

i made a noob mistake and immediately used my t shirt to try and wipe the dust, and of course this is the wrong thing to do! anyway im a little miffed as i wanted it to protect the lense, but cannot use it now.

so basically, what do i need to clean it? the kit lense on the canon has one spec of dust that i can see on the lense surface, but after reading i think maybe its not a good idea to try and get it off as its just one spec (its viewable from the viewfinder though. i know also that there are programs that can get rid of this in software, does anyone here know the name of a good one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:51 pm 
If there's not any residue on the lens it self, just blow off the dust specs with your mouth - if it's stuck, try to wipe it off very gently with a cloth.

Again, blow off any dust on the filter before doing this, so you don't scratch the filter. Breathe on the filter so it gets moistured and take a clean t-shirt and wipe gently from the center and out to the edge. If it does not take away all of the grease residue, or leave stripes, repeat the process.

If it still leaves stripes, you need a microfibre cloth. You can get them at your dealer or at a store where they sell glasses - and do the same process only with the cloth.

PS: I did the same thing with my kit lens - and I think many others have done the same thing. So you're not the only one!!