Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:47 pm 

I shot some pictures yesterday in AdobeRGB instead of sRGB and almost all the pictures came out very blue, they I don't seem to be able to rescue them. I'll be shooting in sRGB for now and regard the whole thing as a failed experiment, but does anybody have an idea how this could have happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 pm 

Colour spaces are a big topic. I've just started the thread Colour Spaces: sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB which might help. Have a look at the colour gamut illustrations in the second post. I wonder how your image processing software and/or printer driver mapped the AdobeRGB colour space?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 pm 

I'm not really sure, Bob. I do know that the blue coloring was also present on the screen of my camera... So i guess that means it shouldn't be because of faulty pc software (although the right software might have fixed it?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:05 pm 
Hmmm, there shouldn't be that much difference between Adobe RGB and sRGB - could it be a white balance setting?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:54 am 
Paukl wrote:
I shot some pictures yesterday in AdobeRGB instead of sRGB and almost all the pictures came out very blue, they I don't seem to be able to rescue them. I'll be shooting in sRGB for now and regard the whole thing as a failed experiment, but does anybody have an idea how this could have happened?

there are a lot of variants....... lets deal with one at a time...... first can we see one of the shots that are blue.........

second....... you could reset your camera back to factory defaults then change to Adobe RGB 1998....... as you could have changed another setting in your camera that is not compatible with this setting...... its all easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:52 pm 
This sounds very much like a White Balance issue rather than a colour space issue.

Shooting in a different colour space should have absolutely no effect on the colour temp of an image. The only thing that (should) happen when you set your camera to Adobe RGB is that you're telling your camera that it can now use a wider catalogue of colours to interpret the information captured by the image sensor. (For example; You have two teachers. "Mrs sRGB" and "Mr Adobe RGB". Mrs sRGB only gives you 3 colour crayons to colour in your picture at school. Whereas Mr Adobe RGB gives you 10 different colour crayons.)

This should in no way cause everything to come out blue.

Have a look at what your camera's colour temperature settings are set to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:55 pm 

I guess I may have accidentally set my colour temperature... I just took a look at the raw files and i had preference set to 3000K. The files are in raw though, so could i change this still?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 pm 

Paukl wrote:
I guess I may have accidentally set my colour temperature... I just took a look at the raw files and i had preference set to 3000K. The files are in raw though, so could i change this still?

You may well be able to do this with software supplied with your camera. Otherwise import your RAW files into your image processing software and change the colour temperature from there.

Bob

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.