Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 pm 

I was wondering if they make a camera that will auto zoom and focus on items with a remote button push?
I will be placing small components into a white tent with a camera on a tripod. I am hoping to find a camera that can detect them and not only auto focus but also auto zoom if needed on the item when I press the trigger button on a remote.
I am trying to take many quality pictures quickly and I think this would be the best solution. I just need a camera that can do this.
Would need to have these functions plus the remote.
Can this be done? Or how close can I get? Any suggestions on the correct camera?
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 am 

Unfortunately such a camera would also read your mind. Otherwise how would it know how much you wanted it to zoom and exactly which part of an object you want to focus on? If you photograph a Jelly Bean and a cup should the camera zoom right in on the Jelly Bean and only a little on the cup, so they both appear the same size in the photos, or do you want to keep their relative sizes, in which case the zoom level should be the same.

Of course if you always put the objects in the same position you won't need to refocus every time but you will still need to adjust the zoom to the level you wish.

Are you shooting tethered?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm 

Auto zoom? I don't think so. Zooming from the remote manually? Probably. Not so long ago I saw a Sony (I think) tripod which had a little cable you'd connect to the camera and you could then zoom, tilt, pan, autofocus and shoot without touching the camera. Probably there are other ways to do it, but was this what you were trying to do?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 pm 

I might be a little late to this post but there are these from manfrotto, Looking at a video of someone using one of them it appears it's effectiveness heavily depends on the lens you have mounted (some focus faster than others ) zooming in and out wont work with normal lenses.

--- Canon EOS 60D --- Canon EOS 5D MkI --- EF 17-40mm f/4 USM --- EF 70-200mm f/4 USM --- EF 50mm f/1.8 --- Canon Speedlite 430EX II --- Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight --- Yongnuo YN622 triggers --- GoPro Hero 3 Black edition ---