Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:54 pm 
I have recently purchased a Canon T3i and want to add it to the studio as a 2nd camera shot via the HDMI port output to the mixer.
I am having two problems:
1. The AF point box does not go away - I don't find a way to disable it.
2. The resolution out of the HDMI port seems to be lower than the selected output on the settings.

Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Post subject: Bump this subject
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:28 pm 
We're also facing this same issue. We thought we had a great setup for streaming online with a Teradek cube. Unfortunately, the HDMI output from the Canon Rebel T3i has the AF point box (or enlargement display frame, as it is called in the EOS manual), and is not full screen. What's more, the Liveview shuts off automatically after 30 minutes (you'll find this deep in the manual)--a problem as we are using it as an unmanned streaming webcam in a corner for events that last up to two hours. If we put it to record video to keep the Liveview from switching off, the quality drops to 480p on the viewfinder (and hence on the stream), leaving an ugly box with the shot inside it and a red record symbol on the upper right.

Right now, the best image comes from leaving the camera in M mode. We can manually focus it first, then switch to auto focus (which removes the enlargement display frame) then add an intervalometer to take a picture every twenty minutes, with the hopes that that will keep the Liveview outputting an HDMI signal continuously for the whole event. We haven't tried this yet but we plan to order an intervalometer for 45 euros to try it out. We have no need to record the video, just to stream it live.

I don't know if a firmware update would be enough for Canon to match Panasonic's move with the GH2 offering clean HDMI output.