Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 pm 

@ karlk this thread was asking for tips not your comments about how badly it might go. The bride and groom clearly know that chris has little experience but are willing to except this.

I am in no position to offer advice but you could always try a google search and look through websites with information on wedding photography. Good luck Chris_Blackler and akoniya.

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 pm 
thank you James... any little bit is a big help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 pm 
ok chris some tips, the reason i type so bad is cos my hands r F****d. 30 years of holding welding guns and rods, cant see cos i wear a mask all day every day. unless i slow everything down like now,

no.1 tip

dont forget to get gran in the group photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 pm 
thanks a lot Karl... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:55 pm 
Quote:
I am in no position to offer advice but you could always try a google search and look through websites with information on wedding photography. Good luck Chris_Blackler and akoniya.

Thanks man, its not for a while, so got all summer to practice. I checked out a few things from google and got a bit of an idea. Pretty much gunna just hold the shutter down the entire time and point it at the important people :lol:

Perharps il buy a longer zoom and un ultra wide before them too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 pm 
u trying to wind me up chris, wot you gonna do with a zoom and ultra wide lenses. you gonna buy the nikon 24-70 2.8 @ around £1150 and the nikon 70-200 2.8 @ £1800. i have already got you 3 thousand pounds in on this job. R yoy realy gonna put them lenses on a cropped d90, no get a D700, thats another £1700, so we are at nearly 5k, its not your shoot, how much do you think you are going to earn from this. Lets work on 30% profit, gives you a supply charge of £7000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 pm 

Try to figure/find out exactly what is expected from you.
Social issues; who to shoot and when, as it was said, don’t forget granny, best friends, and so on. You have to know about them beforehand. It would be a shame if you don’t catch uncle Podger that came all the way from across the oceans, and all you have is the tip of his nose.
What moments not to miss. Learn about locations.
Visit the locations prior to the event , church, restaurant or whatever and look for lighting problems, angles of view, take a few shots and iron out solutions for all the situations you will be in, so that you will be ready when the time comes, you have not much time to solve photographic puzzles at the wedding. Look at lighting, some places sin by using those horrible fluorescents, prepare yourself with some gels for the flash and do test shots and see how you can make the best of them. Many pros that do weddings have two cameras with them one with a wide to short telephoto lens and one with a tele like a 70-200. Sometimes when you have to be in two places at the same time, there is not much time to change lenses and you may miss some important shots while juggling with lenses, caps and covers. Best is to have a friend with you that can help.

Canon580EXII
http://www.errre.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 pm 
Thanks Radu, basicaly be prepared. I think i will check it out before like u say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 pm 
and dont forget to give the best mans mate a compact, he can shoot while you are sitting outside the brides bedroom while mum is helping with the dress, get a girl shooter for weddings, she can go were you cant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:38 pm 
i love the way way you ignore me chris, your just embarrased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:07 pm 
Wow ur crazy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 pm 
not many are going to contribute to this chris, cos you decided disclosure.

not my fault, your holding the camera, you r deciding. how anyone can offer a service on the back of a clients responsibility and your reactions is beyond me. its obvious you cant do this project, so stop blaming everyone else for it going wrong. stick with the day job mate, actually your not a mate, your just a pratt with a dslr that thinks he can shoot the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 pm 
I dont wanna reply but i cant help myself. Look forward to seeing what crap you come up with next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 pm 
nothing to do with crap from me, basics are you are way out of your league and dont respect people of profession. but like i said, get all the advice you want from google. your be the one **** his pants on the day. tell that to the bride when you never got a shot of her signing the register, cos you was googling wot lense to buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm 
Was a bit dissapointing tbh, poor effort there!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next