Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am 
Hi all,

I've been reading magazines ( mainly UK publications) and websites to learn about the basics of photography. However I always feel that the informations are always lacking. They are usually tips from users or instructions. Could someone suggest any website which actually have proper education material on photography explaining the science and the arts.

Also anyone could suggest some websites to educate me about the artistic side of photography. I.e instead of telling you how to take nice pictures isn't there 'heros' in photography that every serious photographer should know and inspire to become. I'm leaning towards photographer in the genere of architecture, portrait. To be specific, the journal Black + White , from UK interviews and reviews alot of these 'heros' or infamous people within their field and if people could suggest someone to look at would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:48 am 

DSLRtips.com from Gordon is a good place to start. And DTownTV started focusing on all brands this season (free internet series).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 pm 
Its good starting point i must agree but I'm looking for the next step after that. please suggest more websites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:08 pm 

Your own camera.
Get it and go outside to learn photography. Photography isnt about watching videos about how to do this and that.
10 years ago there were not even tuturials about photography on the net (or not many) and everybody had to play with the camera to find out how to get that effect.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:12 pm 

I sometimes still learn a thing or two from DTownTV, so I wouldn't disregard it just yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:46 pm 

Aah, with styles of photography? Well, styles or angles of view, making a story in a photo, yes, these are things you always have to learn.

But for now you really should go outside and take some pictures.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 pm 
Maybe because I'm from a more architectural background so I like to talk about concepts, philosophies and motives. I believe this adds a higher reasoning and meaning to photos. Best way to learn is usually from precedence and learn how to see through their eyes. I guess I'll reaching out to the artisits that uses photography as medium with this part of my question.

As always I'm still learning my basic skills so if theres photography study literature online please let me know.