Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am 
The Canon EOS 1000D claims to have an inbuilt lens cleaning system. So, is it necessary to take it for cleaning like conventional cameras?
Are there some lens cleaning fluids available by which you donot have to take the camera for servicing regularly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 pm 
The 1000D has an inbuilt sensor cleaning system, not lens cleaning system.

For lenses use something like a lens pen (http://www.lenspen.com/)

Never had to clean my sensor beyond the automatic cleaning when I turn my camera off..... if you treat your gear well you can avoid alot of issues. (I've had my 1000D for a year now. Not long as cameras go, but.....)

For my lenses an occasional brush with my lens pen keeps it clean. Never touch the glass with anything except a microfiber cloth or lens pen (espcially your finger!), use lens caps (both ends) if the lens is not on your camera, and be mindful of how dust can settle on things.

For example- If dust collects in an uncapped lens on the body side and you then mount it on your camera that dust can get transferred inside the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 am 
Hi, thanks for the reply.

A little off-topic, but I see you use the Tamron 70-300mm lens. I am interested in buying that with my Canon 1000D.

I would like to know what shutter speed and ISO can you use at 300mm to avoid jitter on a normal sunny day.

Is it practical to use this lens without IS and tripod mounting?

Thanks,
Jinay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:28 pm 
jinay wrote:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

A little off-topic, but I see you use the Tamron 70-300mm lens. I am interested in buying that with my Canon 1000D.

I would like to know what shutter speed and ISO can you use at 300mm to avoid jitter on a normal sunny day.

Is it practical to use this lens without IS and tripod mounting?

Thanks,
Jinay.

It depends...... horrible answer, but that's the best I can come up with.

This is my least used lens. I rarely shoot in that range or find myself needing too. Only reason I got it was in case I needed something in that range and from the reviews I read it's a decent lens for the price.

That being said, I would assume the typical "rules" apply.

http://www.enginova.com/Minimum%20Shutter%20Speed.htm