Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 pm 

I went with an SLR to never miss another shot, and I can do M... but on film you could usually save a shot you miss guessed the lighting on...

With an SLR, you can get some of that fil freedom back by shooting RAW, but in all honestly its nowhere near film, and not that much better than JPEG.

So I see it as chase the kids, the light, the sunset... and set your camera to make the shot you want. If I want a scenery shot, I set the ISO low, the arperture at F11-ish and get a clean sharp shot... I don't need to set aperture, shutterspeed, iso and meter the light, and thats good because I can't when the sun is setting fast and the family is taking turns looking at the camera smiling and wildlife behind them.

55-200mm VR
ML-L3 Wireless release
SB600