Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Testing out HDR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am 
Hi,

Ive just had a go at making some HDR images. I know The subject (my house) isnt particularly thrilling, but i just wanted to have a go!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jeremy

Links to full resolution:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8975/hdrtest1.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7359/hdrtest2straight.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm 
u really picked the wrong scene to make a hdr, not a very contrasting scene, the sky isn't much either, so beside the weird branches that are ghosting on top, it looks like a normal photo..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:25 pm 
It would be better if you could give access to larger pictures, since they are small, not much detail is appreciated. HDR's are normally subject to chromatic aberration, ghosting and softness due to misalignment of the different exposures. But on this small size it is not possible to watch them closely and with care.

Regards,
Luis.

EDIT: sorry, I did not see the links on the bottom of the page, I just tried to click on the images... my bad. :oops:

Anel has a point here, the scene does not look like one appropriate for an HDR. Try to do the following: go inside your house (nice place BTW) and look for a window. Make sure the light inside the room is off. Try also to choose a window directly exposed to sunlight (so that it's very bright outside), and take the exposures. The trick is to get textures on the outside, and at the same time, of the inside of the room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:51 pm 

I agree with the others. Don't do HDR just because you think it's the new hype. Use it when appropriate. HDR is not cruise control for cool. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:59 pm 
Ok thanks for the replies guys

I only did it as i was reading up on it last night and felt like having a go, but couldnt be bothered to properly go out

Thanks for the advice