Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 am 
Was taking some shots when I noticed that the auto focus stopped working so I had to go to manual. I thought it was the auto lens and then changed to another lens and still no auto focus. I tried setting the camera default by pushing both green buttons to no avail. I have been changing some modes around but after going back to camera default, still no auto focus.

What am I doing wrong? The camera body is about 6 months old and about 450 shutter actuations. I hope it is not the auto focus motor. Perplexed..
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:26 pm 
What lenses are you using? Have you made sure that the AF system is engaged (switch under the lens release button)?

Sorry if the questions sound stupid - asking just in case!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 pm 
grahamnp wrote:
What lenses are you using? Have you made sure that the AF system is engaged (switch under the lens release button)?

Sorry if the questions sound stupid - asking just in case!

I tried it with the Nikon DX AF-S 18-55 and yes the switch is on AF, still not working

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:01 pm 
It's all fixed, was something in my custom settings.

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:29 pm 
I currently have the same problem. My camera just stopped auto focusing, and I dont know if its because i changed one of the settings or not. How did you fix your problem?! Thanks