Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:27 pm 
Just to say I've really enjoyed looking at all the photos that have been submitted for this months assignment :D

Quentin and ThomasRichards, I love your photos :D and......

Sunil - If that's you just starting out in photography, I'd love to see your photos when you're 'experienced'! Very nice start! :D Same with you odf84 as well actually!

Markh - I totally agree with you, the clarinet is a fantastic machine!! :wink: I've been playing for 25 years, though the last 15 years have just been for pleasure, family commitments etc. Have to say I'm bummed that I didn't think of my clarinet for this topic though! :roll: :lol:

mikeroch - Sorry you didn't get to see the otters. I was up in Sutherland at the weekend and on the way back we saw quite a few, round about the bridge on the A9 on the Cromarty Firth, I think it was, though I don't know that area very well :oops:

Patti - I couldn't agree with your last post more, I started a couple of other forums when I got my dslr and felt exactly how you described newbies sometimes feel :( As in my siggie, I welcome CC but, they totally shot me to pieces with everything I posted, they weren't very nice about it at all and also, if someone asked something that I thought I knew the answer to, I was told to be quiet a few times as I was a newbie so couldn't possibly know the answer :( Very soul destroying when you're just trying to learn.

Anyway, back to 'on assignment', its going to be so hard to vote :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:16 pm 

Thank you to all the professionals who have given us newcomers a warm reception. And Patti...I think of you every time I see a duck now! (Just can't seem to get close enough without them flying away.) Caught some blue wing teals a while back and thought I might be able to crop and get a closeup, but was exhibiting pixels....yikes. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:57 am 
You know what i really love, more than anything, about looking at all these submissions?

Everyone around the world submits photos, there is such a diverse range of photography and subjects you don't get to see in only one place.

Its fantastic!!!

----
NIKON D80 w/18-135mm f/3.5-5.6

Post subject: Pictures from Picasa Web
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:32 pm 
Hola

I posted my picture for this assignment but it isn't showing here on Camera Labs. Tried to do it trough Picasa Webalbum with this code (except for the @s):

(all on one line)
[@@url=http://picasaweb.google.com/jc.canon.g9/CameraLabs/photo#5205754944823242866]
[img]@@http://lh5.ggpht.com/jc.canon.g9/SD6OioHsMHI/AAAAAAAAADY/oRshIf9yzcU/Aygo-spejl.jpg[/img][/url]

Shows in the forum like this:

Anybody who knows how to post a pic from Picasa Webalbum? What did I do wrong?

JC

EDIT: Hi JC, sorry to edit your post there, but the very long unbroken string of characters widened this thread beyond acceptable limits, forcing everyone to do horizontal scroll. I had to slice it in half.
- Cheers LahLahSr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:13 pm 
I've entered my first Cameralabs competition. I tried a few reflections with water but couldn't get a decent enough effect. Its a bit windy, living 300m from the north sea. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:13 pm 
LahLahSr wrote:
Hi tim_b_w,

Welcome to the forums! Great to see that you decided your first post should be an entry into "On Assignment" of the month.

That's a great shot of your..err...metal globes there. Are they Bocchia balls?

Cheers :-)

Hey thanks for the message, sorry i didn't reply, only just found this side of the forum!! I have no idea, i picked them up at a carboot sale on my merry travels, always reminds me of something whenever i look at them, but never the same thing twice :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:45 am 
All I can say is: WOWSERS!

I ran late and almost missed it again, after skating in April.
This is a killer gallery, not a bad one there, they are all great images!
This is intimidating, but fun :)

I just wish work and the commute would not take so much time for such meager pay :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:33 pm 
Hey Edd talk about cutting it fine..... you only had 36 Minutes to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:39 pm 
Defiance wrote:

Wasn't it 96 minutes? I think we go by GMT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:22 am 
Defiance wrote:

Haha, I was just about to shut down the computer when I realized the images were still on my SD card! =P
At least I got it in =).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm 

I voted for...(drums)... Georgie2H! Great picture: original and technically well-done.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:03 pm 
I was very impressed by the creativity and technical quality of the entries this month. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:55 pm 
I voted for Georgies shot as well. Brilliant as were they all.
Junes topic is brilliant and challanging once again. Brilliant first shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, when preparing the poll, I accidentally missed off Marc Saylor's entry - he's now been added to the poll. Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:48 pm 

That was not easy. There were so many shots I wanted to vote for in May's assignment. Really good entries, and the bar just keeps rising each month.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next