Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:13 am 
Hi,

So many really, really good entries in May that it feels almost like having your arm twisted to be able to only vote for one..lol.

This month, my vote went to Jim Hawksworth. The color, light, vignetting and bokeh makes your image seem three dimensional almost.

I would love to see more portraits in this style. Very well done in my opinion!

CHeers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:40 pm 

I would have voted for Georgie2H who produced an almost unbelievable image, but technically this is not a reflection but refraction in the drop :roll:
So I voted for Ormina's owl whose sad eyes reflect the sad fact that it's living in a cage. Poor creature...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:06 pm 
Thanks to everyone who voted for my photo :D
As for a subject for next month's theme, I really have no idea...anyone else got any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:13 pm 

Congrats Georgie,
As I put forward in the 'suggestions for theme' thread may be something like "doing it's job".
This could include machines, people, animals, or perhaps a natural phenomenon that carries out a job.
Just a thought
regards GCJ :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:52 pm 
Congratulations Georgie :D

As for a theme, well, I'd be stuck too :lol: but a few I've done on another forum that I don't think have been done here are minimilism, colour contrast, silhouettes and 'time' to name a few. The latter (time) brought some very interesting interpretations :D They probably sound very amateur I know :oops: but just trying to help with suggestions :D Good luck! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 pm 

Yes, "time" is a very interesting theme, but we already had an excellent assignment in March: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3761

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 pm 
Thomas wrote:
Yes, "time" is a very interesting theme, but we already had an excellent assignment in March: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3761

So you did - sorry!! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Georgie2H, you still have almost a week to think about it! But if you get stuck, there's a thread in the Assignment section whith suggestions (but don't choose one we've already had!)

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 am 
Hey Lahlahsr -

I just read your comment that you gave me a vote...I am very happy about that, and thank you very, very much. 8) I use Adobe Lightroom and have had a great time ( and also learning a lot) making develop presets. The effect on that particular photo I call 'war torn', and what it basically does is lower exposure one stop, up the fill light, and increase the blacks. I added the maximum vignetting for effect, but that always depends on the image. This effect is somewhat similar to how the movie 300 was developed but with way more fill light. Also, I have not done any tests, but I think the reflection off the silver plate is much smoother than off a glass mirror.

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:39 am 

Congrats Georgie, and to all the other participants in the assignment.

Also thanks to those who voted for my entry, did'nt expect that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 pm 
I quite like the idea of Minimalism, as suggested by Lorraine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi Georgie, would you like to go with minimalism then? If you have any further instructions or change your mind, let us know by midnight GMT Monday 30 June!

Thanks, Gordon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8